Wednesday, February 20, 2013

MILK Japan project








 Last year, Japanese fashion label, MILK, approached me about making a pattern for clothing. They had seen my illustration for Nylon, and wanted something similar. As with the Nylon illustration, I was given plenty of creative freedom, and with the input from MILK, this is what we came up with. I had the best time working on this, and it's one of my favourites and a complete dream gig! KIRARA, SHINGO and my agent, Jacky Winter were a delight to work with. 

A photo of the illustration on my desk - you can see how big this one was!

The dresses and skirts will be available from May 2013, in MILK stores in Japan and on their website

6 comments:

Nathalie said...

Total niedlich!

Kate Dolamore said...

That's amazing! I have a MILK travel bag that I've been using for 10 years and it's going strong= quality and cute design. I want this stuff...!

Sydney L. said...

so so adorable!! you're so talented omg

ellyy said...

Brilliant job Lil, I hope there are more textile projects coming your way b/c this one looks a treat! The colours are so lovely too... I just want to jump into this textile design and live in it! :)

lilly piri said...

Thanks so much, everyone!!

Kathryn Luna said...

Very cute, I love the skirt.